Monday, June 21, 2010

Ferris wheel

The first time I rode a Ferris wheel was when there’s a mini carnival that was situated in a big vacant lot near our subdivision. That time, the famous amusing and entertaining park in the country was the Festival Carnival in Araneta Center. People were not yet aware so much of the safety and security. I remembered there’s only one steel bar that locked us in the ferris wheel seat. Whatever then, it was the happiest thrilling night ever with my childhood buddies. The ride was not scary at all; I even tried it again during our high school foundation day. During the ride, I was singing the song ‘Zombie’ by Cranberries so I can ease out on the high sensation I felt during the peak of the cycle. It was amazing when it stops to pick up the others; I saw places in different views. That time it was the highest point I had been in my life.


The Singapore Flyer is the world’s largest observation wheel since 2008. They said I should have ride because it would be like the London’s Eye which was the tallest for 6 years (2000-2006). Anyway, we tried the Sentosa’s Sky tower instead, to see the whole Singapore terrain view. When I’m up there, there’s just that gushy feeling looking what was under and what everything my eyes can see in a different point of view. Like any other when you’re in an airplane looking outside the window. Like sightseeing from the 84th floor of the highest building on the city or the Hong Kong’s peak looking at the Victoria’s harbour view. And like another gushy feeling with majesty was the furry clouds behind me – the fact that you’re in it and seeing the great mountains of the north of the country from the zenith of the Pulag range. Every body has its own feeling - it depends on one’s perspective and dweller of his heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment